Replace the PEC Camera Assembly
If the PEC Camera Assembly is damaged or experiences an electrical or optical
failure, the camera must be replaced.
Use caution when handling the PEC Camera
and Lighting Assemblies. These assemblies are very sensitive to
sudden shock. Also use ESD precautionary measures when handling the
PEC Camera and Lighting Assemblies. A properly grounded ESD wrist
strap is recommended.
Make sure that the following items are available before beginning the
- A new PEC Camera Assembly
- A calibration kit and a new PEC gray card
Remove the PEC
To remove the faulty PEC Camera Assembly from the head cage, perform the
- Power down the machine and perform Lockout/Tagout according to local
WARNING - LOCKOUT/TAGOUT
The machine must be powered down and
your site's Lockout/Tagout procedure executed during this procedure
to ensure personal safety.
- Open the access cover.
- Move the beam to a location where the PEC camera
can be easily accessed.
- Disconnect the PEC_VIDEO/PWRPL
and PEC_LED_CTRPL cables from the Head
Cage Interface PCA.
- Remove all cable ties securing the PEC camera cables to
the head cage.
- Remove the PEC camera cables from the cable clamps on the bottom of the
- Remove the screws that secure the PEC lighting to the PEC camera. Let
the lighting hang loose from the hole in the carriage plate.
- Disconnect the PEC lighting cable from the PEC lighting. Set aside the
- Remove the screws that secure the PEC camera to the carriage plate.
- Lift the PEC camera out of the head cage and discard.
Install the New PEC Camera
To install the new PEC Camera Assembly, perform the following procedure:
- Slide the new PEC camera into the head cage.
- Apply Loctite 222 to the PEC camera mounting screws.
- Install the PEC camera mounting screws and torque to 1,36 Nm (12.0
- Connect the PEC lighting cable to the PEC lighting.
- Install the PEC lighting to the new PEC camera and secure with the
screws removed earlier.
- Route the PEC cables through the cable clamps on the bottom of the
- Connect the PEC_VIDEO/PWRPL and
PEC_LED_CTRPL cables to the Head Cage Interface PCA.
- Install new cable ties to secure the PEC cables to the head cage. Do not
over-tighten the cable ties.
- Close the access cover.
- Power up the machine.
The following tasks must be performed after completing the procedure:
- For machines running UPS+ 8.x and Cognex PC vision software, update the camera drivers. See the Update the Camera Drivers
help topic in Voyager.
- Calibrate the PEC camera and lighting. See the PEC Calibration:
Camera and Lighting (Multifunction Machines) help topic in Voyager for